October turned out to be a record breaker for All Things Union Bay. Over 3000 views this month. The old record was from July 2013. Thanks to everyone who visits.
NEW KANGAROO COURT IN DYSFUNCTIONAL UNION BAY BROUGHT TO YOU BY PRO KENSINGTON ISLAND PROPERTIES TRUSTEES
NOTE: President of the Union Bay Community Club Hall, Darcy Rainey, was present during the meeting. The Community Club is fully aware of what transpired at the meeting disrupted by the pro Kensington Island Properties, but hey, they’re all friends, so there’s no problem. This is Union Bay.
This meeting was held downstairs at the Union Bay Community Club Hall. The same building the planned pro Kensington Island Properties candidates Rick Bitten (now trustee), Lone Jednorog and Ted Haraldson disruption took place. At 5:40 you hear an objection to Chair Peter Jacques careless use of a legal definition of assault charge against a landowner. You will note the three Trustees reactions including Rick Bitten who comments it’s a board meeting. Does that mean Rick Bitten wants respect for those who have rented the Union Bay Community Club Hall? What if another Union Bay Community Club member felt like coming in and taking control of the meeting – would that be okay by Rick Bitten?
This board has opened up a can of worms. Some of the trustees believe they are role models and have the knowledge and wisdom to bring the community back together. Now they have held their first mini kangaroo court. When you put yourself on this pedestal, you better be squeaky clean.
What this new board offered landowners at their first meeting:
- A chair who looks like he’s taking orders for who wants beer and burgers – lots of finger pointing.
- A chair who never asks for a vote or motion
- A chair who has no control over the meeting, trustees speaking whenever they want.
- A chair who can’t take the heat and suddenly ends the meeting.
- A chair who is going to have to be babysat by the Administrator because he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing and has paid zero attention to how meetings have been conducted for the last 5 years. It’s a gong show!
- A chair who seems to believe his wanting to be chair is more important than having someone with the most experience so UBID can get up to speed faster.
- An Administrator already doing all the work at UBID as his help is limited. Now, five green trustees.
- A board with three trustees who refuse to admit the clauses that cause concern in the 2011 expired WIA agreement exist.
- A board that had a meeting after the meeting of the Committee of the Whole meeting. This was not an in-camera meeting. Our five elected Trustees held a meeting, obviously discussing Union Bay Improvement District issues. Are there going to be minutes of this meeting? There had better be. This is a big no no for a board of trustees. This is a red flag! Transparency????
- A chair who now presides over Union Bay’s first official Kangaroo Court.
- A chair who acts as prosecutor, judge and jury.
- A chair who offers an official apology on behalf of the Union Bay Improvement District Board to his buddy protester Lone Jednorog who planned and executed the disruption of the All Candidates Meeting along with candidate Ted Haraldson and now trustee Rick Bitten at the Union Bay Community Club Hall where there are members.
- A chair who makes a ridiculous statement at the 2:00 mark of the video “other and/or new business” asks if anyone has anything they want to bring forward. The chair then states “Bearing in mind we can’t, ah we can’t conduct business.. whether there’s any, anything somebody wants to bring forward in the general sense.” This is trustee Rick Bitten’s cue to show his ignorance of the position of trustee by offering an apology on behalf of UBID to his co-conspirator Lone Jednorog.
- A chair who thinks it’s the board of trustees that puts on the elections and thinks the board has a vested interest and then can speak to guilt or innocence. It is the Administrator – just like the election we just had.
- A chair who is openly displaying his ignorance of the role of trustee and/or chair.
- A chair and two trustees who are clueless about the limitations of their roles.