Running on … nothing. Typical.
What the hell has this guy got to offer based on his performance in the last three years? Some questions to ask if he shows up on your doorstep:
- Since you are touting the Water Infrastructure Agreement with KIP as an accomplishment, why won’t you let the landowners view the Water Infrastructure Agreement reached with KIP in Oct. 2017, since you expect us to go into debt for $4.5 Million dollars?
- What constitutes a legally convened meeting of the board of trustees?
- Is a board meeting legally concluded when the Chair adjourns the meeting?
- What prompted and who made the decision in 2016 to dismiss the professional negotiator, Steven Kelliher and expert Hew McConnell, who had been hired by the previous board to negotiate a new agreement with KIP? https://allthingsunionbay.com/2016/08/17/a-few-of-the-lies-told-by-kensington-island-properties/
- Was the decision to dismiss the experts discussed at a board meeting and what was the reasoning? Did the trustees believe they were qualified to undertake the negotiations with KIP?
- In your private life were you ever employed as a negotiator? If not, why did you believe you had the skills to negotiate on behalf of the landowners of Union Bay?
- Where did you seek information, what professionals/experts did you consult with while negotiating the water agreement with KIP?
- Have you been billed for your portion of the costs of sending out the apology letter to Trustee Kaljur as per the costs in Bylaw 223?
- Why did you falsely inform landowners the expired 2011 WIA could be extended asking for their signature on a petition without getting legal advice?
- Why did you refuse to get legal advice before attempting to push through the expired WIA at the first meeting of a neophyte board and against the advice of the professional Administrator?
- Where are landowners expected to get information if UBID refuses to answer correspondence, meetings cancelled and staff are unqualified to provide accurate information?
- Why did you hire an administrator with zero government experience?
- How many gatherings/meetings have you had which UBID business was conducted that excluded Trustee Kaljur since April of 2018?
- Do you believe all Union Bay Improvement District Bylaws should be adhered to by all, including the trustees?
- Have you educated yourself on Robert’s Rules?
- You have raised a “Point of Order” at UBID meetings. What is “Point of Order”? What is the next step after a “point of order” is raised?
- Do Robert’s Rules allow a motion to be included by the individual who raised a “point of order” and have that motion voted on by the board?
- Do you think it’s appropriate for your wife to respond to UBID correspondence?
- Have you made mistakes as a Trustee?
- What actions are you most proud of from the last 3 years?
- Do you think it’s appropriate for your wife to hassle landowners at public meetings?
- As an elected official, representing all Union Bay landowners, do you think it is appropriate to voice your personal opinions calling a landowner disgusting and questioning why they were in the community at a UBID meeting?
- Would it be acceptable if a landowner told you that you were disgusting at a UBID meeting or would the landowner be removed from the meeting?
- Since becoming a trustee, how many times have you met with Brian McMahon and discussed UBID business? How many times without the knowledge of Trustee Kaljur?
- Have you discussed Trustee Kaljur with Brian McMahon?
- Have you received advice and/or direction from Brian McMahon?
- Why didn’t Brian McMahon want Bylaw 264 passed which was an updated subdivision bylaw? Why did you insist on using an outdated bylaw 170 because you claimed the new Bylaw 264 would “severely limit any development save that of the most expensive kind”?
- Is it true you stated Trustee Kaljur was not invited to the Union Bay Estates unveiling hosted by Brian McMahon in March 2018 because she was negative in spite of the fact she voted for the Oct. 2017 Water Agreement with KIP?
- Why did Brian McMahon only invite Loxam, Jacques and Bitten and exclude Kaljur and Elliott since all five voted for the agreement? Were the invitations personal or to the UBID Board?
- Were you representing the board or as a personal friend of Brian McMahon when attending the unveiling ?
- Where have you sought advice as a trustee with no experience during the last 3 years? How do you determine if what you are proposing is within your authority?
- When you met on Jan. 10, 2019, were you aware Trustee Kaljur was not informed of the meeting?
- Did you seek legal advice before meeting to suspend Trustee Kaljur without any notice to her?
- Did you seek legal advice before supporting a motion to suspend an elected official? If not, why not?
- Did you seek legal advice before continuing a meeting after it had been adjourned by the Chair? If not, why not?
- How do you determine what your powers are as a trustee?
- Who instructed the Admin not to include Trustee Kaljur in all correspondence sent to all trustees?
- Did you meet with the Admin and the other 3 trustees to conspire to remove Trustee Kaljur from the board prior to the Jan. 10, 2019, meeting?
- Are there minutes of all meetings discussing the suspension of Trustee Kaljur?
- Have you met with the other trustees and admin since the apology letter was issued to Trustee Kaljur? Were these meetings as a board or as friends – if so, was UBID business discussed?
- Did you advise Peter Johnson, UBID’s legal counsel, that the decisions being made during January and Feb. 2019 were being made without the knowledge of all Trustees?
- Was Peter Johnson aware of the firing of the UBID Fire Chief was made without the full knowledge of the UBID board?
This guy was involved in changing the AGM to after the election because he couldn’t face the electorate before the election. Same goes for Jacques who should have known better than any of the five that what they were doing was not in their authority and conspired to remove a trustee and make decisions knowing they were not made as a legally convened board. At least Jacques had the sense to not run again after the gong show he created starting in Oct. 2016. He has skulked away hoping people will forget the havoc caused by him and Loxam weeks after they took the oath. He can be credited with creating the most ridiculous and incompetent board in the last twenty years. Even worse than pre April 2011 – and we thought it couldn’t be worse… Taking that petition around as a flunky to McMahon has caused all the division in the community. Shame. Shame.
How this individual can even show his face never mind run for trustee after all the unlawful actions by him and 4 other landowners imitating a board shows how unaware he is and unfit to hold the position of trustee.
This guy has learned zip as a trustee and is just as ignorant now as the day he published this flimsy flyer where he realized there is a “need for honesty” in Union Bay. This guy has been useless and just taking up a seat at the table. Can’t follow what’s being discussed and listening to him read a report is painful and embarrassing.